Wise management of water resources is fundamental to sustaining economic growth and natural environments, and increasing the health, wealth and well-being of New Zealanders.
Aqualinc is committed to helping New Zealanders allocate and use freshwater in a sustainable, efficient and equitable way.
Our team of water management specialists contributes to achieving this goal by:
- Identifying better, and more strategic, ways of conserving and allocating water from aquifers, rivers and lakes.
- Identifying means of addressing water shortages and protecting in-stream values and needs.
- Developing the knowledge and tools required to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of water use.
- Working with central and local government agencies to optimize economic and social outcomes from freshwater use at a regional and national level.
- Increasing knowledge and providing information that enables issues of at-risk nationally significant water bodies to be addressed.